1.Distinguish between anxiety and anxiety disorders.
We all experience anxiety, for example: speaking in front of a crowd. This is the time when anxiety makes people more focused and attentive. And, the anxiety will end with the end of the speech. Unlike anxiety disorders, anxiety can appear for no reason and will not disappear with time, but will get worse with time. Severe anxiety disorders can seriously affect normal life and work.
The difference between anxiety and anxiety disorders is that ：
1) Anxiety can be triggered by an event, but anxiety disorders are unprovoked.
2) Anxiety will end with the event and disappear, while anxiety disorders may get progressively worse over time.
3) Anxiety will make people more concerned, while anxiety disorders can seriously affect normal life and work.
2. Symptoms of anxiety disorders.
Emotional symptoms : The sufferer feels that he or she is in an inner experience of nervousness, anxiety, fear, dread and apprehension. What is the fear of nervousness? Some people may be able to specify the object of fear, while others may not be able to say what they are afraid of, but they just feel afraid.
Physical symptoms: Patients who are nervous are often accompanied by autonomic nervous system hyperactivity, such as panic, shortness of breath, dry mouth, sweating, trembling, flushing, etc. Sometimes they also have a sense of near death, feeling that they are going to die, and in severe cases, they may feel out of control.
3. Causes of anxiety disorders
The etiology is still unclear , and may be related to genetic factors, personality traits, cognitive processes, adverse life events, biochemical, and somatic diseases.
4. Treatment methods
- Drug treatment
5.Suffering from anxiety, the usual small ways to relieve
- Practice meditation, which studies have shown to be helpful for people with depression and anxiety. Meditation exercises the mind, helping you to identify negative and unhelpful thoughts and preventing you from taking them as fact.
- Positive self-suggestion, when you have anxiety, give yourself a strong self-suggestion, such as "I can do it", "I will be able to succeed", "I believe in myself", etc.. Positive self suggestion, not only can increase self-confidence, but also help to overcome anxiety.
- listen to music, when something makes you feel restless, irritable, may be quiet to listen to music, music can make people relax, so that people's physiological and psychological rhythm of benign changes.
- Physical activity, setting up an exercise routine to follow for most of the week or all day, can help reduce stress and anxiety. If you are usually sedentary, start with some activity and then gradually add more activity.
- Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs. Using alcohol or drugs can cause or increase your feelings of anxiety. If you cannot quit, see your doctor or ask for help from a support group.
- Stop smoking and reduce or stop drinking caffeinated beverages. Nicotine in cigarettes and caffeinated beverages (such as coffee, tea and energy drinks) can increase anxiety.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can increase feelings of restlessness and anxiety. If you are unable to sleep, consult your doctor.
- Stick to a healthy diet. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins, such as chicken and fish.