Separation anxiety is one of the most common emotional disorders in preschool children, which is inappropriate, excessive and impairing behavior ability when separated from the attachment object.
Most of them occur before the age of 6, which is characterized by excessive anxiety when they are separated from their relatives or leave their familiar environment, and fear that their relatives will have an accident or they will be abducted and sold.
Worry about separation from parents or other attached persons.
Unwilling to go to school or kindergarten for fear of separation.
Persistent and inappropriate fear of being alone, when expected to separate from the attached person, It's immediately followed by excessive and recurrent distress, such as crying, tantrums, apathy, or social withdrawal.
Some patients may even exhibit somatic symptoms: Anxiety such as nausea, vomiting, headache, stomachache and body discomfort in children is more serious than the emotional response of normal children, and social function will also be significantly affected.
Separation anxiety is the most common anxiety disorder in children, with a prevalence rate of about 10%.
1. Impact of environmental change: the change of the environment brings them a lot of anxiety and tension, which can not be vented at school, but can only be vented after they go home.
2. Overly attached to parents: Children with separation anxiety are with their parents all the time, especially their mother. Mother to the child's excessive protection and care will also make the child develop timid, shy, dependent sense of trouble. Separation anxiety is unavoidable once the children are suddenly separated from their mother.
3. Genetic of parental anxiety: Studies have found that children with parents suffering from anxiety disorders have a significantly higher incidence of anxiety disorders.
4. Fear syndrome: This is a manifestation of children's poor social skills: children with little courage are dependent, will not make friends with the children around them, and have poor adaptability. They will see a strange place as the home of "Wolf Granny", full of fear.
Separation anxiety disorder mostly occurs in children under age, which has a serious impact on children's physical and mental health. Therefore, it is urgent to treat separation anxiety disorder. The following are some methods.
1. Develop children's self-reliance: parents should pay attention to cultivate children's self-reliance from an early age. Before kindergarten, pay attention to let children finish eating, dressing, washing hands, relieving themselves and so on.
Expand the children's friends, let the children play with other children, to rely on the strong children to create more opportunities for him to contact strangers, cultivate the children gregaristic and get along with people's ability.
2, With love to resolve children's bad psychology: the teacher should be kind, patient, they must have the love in heart, but also familiar with the emotional performance, and pay more attention to physical discomfort or children with serious separation anxiety.
In addition, the teacher should communicate with parents more, understand the children's personality characteristics and behavior habits, different children to use different methods, and give respect and acceptance.
3, Prevention and control: when it comes to the symptoms and treatment of separation anxiety disorder, if the child's performance of separation anxiety disorder is particularly serious, it is recommended that the mother or caregiver take out two to three months as far as possible to help the child accept the strange environment of going to kindergarten.