Types of disorders that are easily misdiagnosed as anxiety disorders.
- Sympathetic cervical spondylosis
- Stress-related disorders (adjustment disorders)
- Vegetative system dysfunction (dysautonomia)
- Somatic symptom disorder (cardiac neurosis, gastrointestinal dysfunction)
- Severe anxiety
- Anxiety state
- Social phobia, agoraphobia ,etc.
- Concomitant or secondary anxiety symptoms of various other diseases
- Anxiety symptoms caused by taking certain medications or withdrawal drugs
The simplest distinction principle :
- The nervous fears of anxiety disorders can be native and without any external cause. External stimuli can exacerbate the nervousness and fear of anxiety disorder patients, but even without any reason, anxiety disorder patients can still be very nervous and fearful；
- The tension and fear of anxiety disorder patients are continuous and cannot be significantly reduced or even eliminated by their own adjustment; the adjustment can only plays a temporary role；
- The thinking of people with anxiety disorders is subverted, and it is difficult for ordinary people and the patients themselves to understand. For example, if they see a knife, they are afraid of committing suicide or killing someone; if they see a river, they are afraid of jumping into it; if they have a premature heartbeat, they think they will die suddenly, etc；
- The main emotions of people with anxiety disorders are tension, worry, and fear, not anxiety. Anxiety sufferers can have severe agitation as if they are ants on a hot pan, but it is not the same as ordinary anxiety；