03. Characteristics of anxiety disorders!
The following are the characteristics of anxiety in my eyes.
1、Concealment. This is one of the most important reasons why it is difficult to be perceived and noticed by people. Many people feel “sudden” and “inexplicable” when they have an anxiety attack, and when the stimulus disappears, they mistakenly think it's okay. But the next time when stress and stimuli come, the original accumulated symptoms will erupt again, repeat several times, the symptoms of anxiety attacks are more and more severe. All things do not happen “inexplicably”, just without noticing it when it accumulates again and again before.
2. Cumulative. This is a very noteworthy point. Many people have this experience — before important exams, critical interviews and other moments, will experience extraordinary anxiety and tension, such as sleepless nights, constant shaking, etc. Don't think that you will be better after the exam or the interview is over, if you don't channel these extraordinary anxieties and emotions, they will be accumulated and lead to anxiety disorder. Until the day you find yourself unable to be stimulated by anything, it seems that you can only live in a “vacuum”. Plus the characteristic of concealment, it will be very difficult to channel it when the disease is serious. Therefore, the anxiety should be relieved in time.
3. Self-reminding intensification. When one realizes that one's skin is broken, he or she may not feel more pain, but when someone realizes that they are anxious, they will become more anxious. Whenever I was too nervous to sleep, I would blame myself — it's not a big deal, why can't I sleep again? Then I became more nervous and anxious, and couldn't sleep even more. After a sleepless night, more anxiety worrying about my state. And this anxiety worry would further aggravate the condition. And so, my condition worsened day by day, getting more and more deeply into my anxiety. My self-reminder of my anxiety symptoms itself was one of the important reasons why my condition was getting worse.
4. Consuming. Continuous high anxiety brings strong physical and mental discomfort for people, and will accelerate the consumption of human mental and physical energy. It can feel like you have become a loser, and unable to do things normally. As time went, it may even lead to complications of depression.
5. Diffusion, that is, anxiety generalization. At the beginning of the illness, it may only be triggered by a specific and small thing, but later on, the person will be extremely frightened. Even if the person is sensible and knows that there is nothing to worry about, the physical symptoms will make it difficult for the person to control himself/herself.
The original spiritual level of tension and anxiety will develop into symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, continuous numbness and twitching of the body, or even a sense of near death in severe cases.
Essentially, anxiety disorders are the result of persistent anxiety that leads to qualitative changes. However, the anxiety can subside on its own, but anxiety disorders cannot. The more you try to deny it, act as if nothing is wrong, the suffers will become sicker until you break down.
04. Healing of anxiety disorders.
If you don't pay attention to early prevention, you already have anxiety disorder, so you should find a way to solve it.
From my point of view, the important prerequisite and the only way to treat it is — to seek professional help from the regular way of medical treatment.
Seeking medical treatment is roughly divided into two types of ways: 1, receive regular psychological counseling, psychological guidance and treatment. Listen to the psychological counselor's advice on whether to take medication; 2. Go directly to the public hospital and follow medical advice.
To want to adjust the psychology, the key is to change the thinking cognition. And the adjustment of cognition and thinking always requires professional guidance. As said before, anxiety disorders are the result of long-term accumulation, the situation can not be completely changed by one or two counseling. It also requires many repetitions over time to consolidate the effect. However, repetition does not require an equal number of times. For example, a person who has previously experienced the accumulation of anxiety 100 times and developed an anxiety disorder may often only need 10-20 sessions of counseling to recover.
About taking medicine, I hope you do not have a psychological burden. Although I said earlier that taking medication treats the symptoms but not the root cause, but it also has its role. When the body and mind are particularly tormented by anxiety, it is not bad to use medicine to relieve the physical pain. Only when the physical state improves first, can we have a better mental state to cooperate with counseling. It's like taking medicine to relieve the symptoms of a cold, but don't cold medicines have side effects? Why no one feels that there is a psychological burden to take cold medicine when you have a cold? The difference is that a cold may recover on its own in a few days without medication, but anxiety will not only not heal on its own without medication, also become more tormenting. All in all, it is normal to take medicine.
In fact, the essence of the sickness is because the external forces are added and exceeding the limit of their own regulatory ability. The flu is because the external temperature changes beyond what the body can adjust to. And anxiety disorders, also because the pressure exceeds the mental capacity.
05. Effective adjutant method of rehabilitation for patients with Anxiety.
For different reasons, many people don't have access to professional help interventions. Including myself, it took me a long time to go to the doctor. As a patient who has gone through the whole process of anxiety, struggle, relief, relapse, and recovery, I can share some tips that I hope will help you “avoid the detours”.
1. Accept your illness.
There are many people who say they accept themselves, or think they do, but actually it's not true. Complete acceptance is to stop doubting and blaming yourself, stop trying to persuade yourself, and stop fighting yourself. Yes, tell yourself — right, I'm just constantly stressed and anxious, I'm just particularly painful, and I just can't sleep. Although my sanity makes me think there's nothing to worry about, or not to be afraid and nervous to such an extent, but since my body is having such a hard time, it must have a reason of its own, it's trying to send me danger signals, I'm receiving them, I know. I'm sickness.
2. Breathing techniques to relieve.
When I was suffering from anxiety, I had searched for some suggestions about distraction techniques to relieve anxiety. But soon, I realized that my forced and deliberate distraction only reinforced what was making me anxious. After asking my therapist for advice, breathing is one way that can naturally distract from anxious situations.
Specific practice: Focus all your attention on your breathing and feel the airflow from your mouth and nose through the windpipe, into your lungs, and then out slowly from your lungs through your windpipe.
Focus on the process, and if you're to be distracted or your attention wander halfway, just keep focusing on your breathing and keep repeating the process. Repeat and practice several times for better results.
3. Don't do nothing.
As mentioned earlier, in a natural state, a person will not stay nervous and anxious for more than 20 minutes. Unless one is concentrating on keeping it up (although one may not want to be anxious and nervous subjectively). I find that if I focus on completing my course work (that is, when I am suddenly notified that it is required), I can have a moment of peace and calm. But if I deliberately find something to distract myself from the anxiety and tension, the result will be counterproductive and will reinforce the anxiety. (It's similar to telling yourself not to think about food or your boyfriend, but instead you're reinforcing your desire to eat and see your boyfriend.)
4. Don't be in a hurry.
Since you already have anxiety, you should follow the rules and have reasonable expectations about the course of the disease. Don't always think that it will suddenly disappear in next second. If you take your time, the results will be “faster”. You know, having an anxiety disorder may not really affect anything, but recovery will make you realize how precious and valuable the ordinary peace that once seemed so common.
5. Seek support and understanding from family members and friends around you.
Due to various fears and concerns, many people are afraid to tell others that they are suffering from anxiety disorder. This is not advisable. A large part of the cause of anxiety disorders is the accumulation of stress and anxiety that is not resolved. If you can talk about your condition to others, you will get more support and be less stress, and be able to spend more energy on your recovery.
During the time, my family gave me a lot of financial and moral support; my professor gave me full understanding and support, reduced or postponed the study and work tasks, and gave me a lot of advice on adjusting my mentality; my friends gave me a lot of companionship and encouragement, and helped me find a lot of resources for counseling, which reduced a lot of search costs and saved my energy.
6. Takes life as it comes.
Simply put, you should do what you need to do. The class, reading, learning, do not because of anxiety disorders stop , then rest. Maybe you feel tight chest, can not breathe, do not stop to search how to relieve anxiety disorders, just ignore it for the time being, focus on learning; the entertainment, relaxation, rest also do not because of anxiety disorders cancel, as if anxiety disorders do not exist, just live like before. Don't because you have anxiety, then give yourself permission to stay up late and indulge.